Tuesday January 16, 2024
Registration Check-In and Networking
Smash the Box- Chad Willett
“Smash the Box” at the workplace by transforming your work environment into a culture of innovation. Groups that “Smash the Box” generate game changing ideas and execute on them which gives them an advantage over their competition. Is your team ready to take thinking outside the box to the next level?
Leveraging CCM Medical Care to drive optimal outcomes in serious illness -Karen Gomes
Learn how a partnership with a medical group practicing virtual, high touch chronic disease management can drive home health clinical outcomes, operational improvements, and yield positive financial outcomes.
Reimagining Serious Illness Care: Current Challenges and Future Opportunities- Anna Goseline
Most people with serious illness want to be cared for in their homes. But there are a lot of barriers – from financing and benefit design, to communication failures and information-sharing infrastructure, and of course, a patient and family’s own ability and resources, too. This talk will explore the current state of home-based serious illness care and describe initiatives underway in Massachusetts and in other states that are attempting to improve the serious illness care.
Extended break with Exhibitors
General Session Keynote
Reimagining DEI Strategy “Post COVID” – Beth Chandler
YW Boston CEO Beth Chandler will share best practices from our work, partnering with organizations to change systems, policies, and practices towards greater inclusion.
- How can organizations reinvigorate and sustain their DEI efforts amid limited resources?
- How can an effective DEI strategy support your goals for staff recruitment and retention?
- During this period of increased polarization, how do leaders support front line workers who are experiencing bias and microaggressions from clients?
The Diamond Heist- Mystery Dinner
The Hidden Gem Society invites you to attend the grand unveiling at a local museum of a rare specimen – The Stomach of the Ocean, a one-of-a-kind diamond.
It is rumored that the carat caper has planned a great heist to capture The Stomach of the Ocean for themselves. Join us for a lively evening and be on the lookout in the crowd for the ever-cunning carat caper. If something goes amiss, it will be up to you and the museum detective to get the unveiling back on track!
The Hidden Gem Society requests that you dress to impress for this grand museum unveiling, after all, only the finest will do. Tonight will be an evening of high fashion and suspenseful mystery, with one thrilling conclusion.
*Included in registration
Wednesday, January 17, 2024
Succession Planning: Real Talk about Right Talent in the Right Place- Gina Mazza and Rey Spadoni
Developing your talent bench is one of the most important responsibilities for CEOs and a board of directors. So, why do we find succession plans so lacking in most home health and hospice organizations? Organizations without an effective succession plan today too often find themselves dealing with serious gaps in staffing and leadership.
Join Gina and Rey for a reality check on what holds organizations’ back from executing a strategic staffing plan and the steps to take now to direct your leadership team toward a high-performance future.
General Session Panel
What’s Your Back-Up Plan?
Succession Planning Panel
Gina Mazza & Rey Spadoni, Moderators
Keynote speakers Gina Mazza and Rey Spadoni will facilitate this panel of home care provider experts as they share their strategies and considerations to ensure successful short and long-term succession plans for all levels of leadership within an organization.
- Theresa Santoro is President and CEO of RVNAhealth since 2007. She has more than 25 years experience in healthcare leadership inspiring innovative teams. A servant leader with strengths in forward thinking leadership, setting agency strategy, and ensuring a sustainable position for the agency in the communities it serves. She holds an MSN in Healthcare Administration and an undergraduate degree in Nursing. She is the recipient of several health care leadership awards.
- Daryl J. Cady has proudly served as Hospice of Southern Maine’s Chief Executive Officer since 2014. Prior to being at Hospice of Southern Maine, Daryl served as the Chief Financial Officer at Home Health & Hospice Care in Merrimack, New Hampshire and spent several years as a finance and business executive.
- Andrea Lazarek-LaQuay, Andrea Lazarek-LaQuay’s leadership role as Chief Clinical Officer has been instrumental in developing and implementing programs that enable Nascentia Health’s home and community-based system to readily anticipate and respond to the changing needs of the region’s health care delivery system.
Outlook for Home-Based Care: Seizing Opportunities in an Era of Reimbursement & Workforce Challenges- Fred Bentley
Home-based care providers face challenges on multiple fronts. CMS is looking to impose additional rate reductions in the Medicare fee for service (FFS) program, and Medicare Advantage plans are putting downward pressure on home health reimbursement and utilization as they gain ground across New England. In addition to financial challenges tied to Medicare and Medicaid programs, many home-based care providers in New England are struggling to maintain their clinical workforce in the face of chronic staff shortages.
Despite these headwinds, the home-based care industry has been buoyed by strong demand and innovations that are expanding the array of services that can be delivered in the home. In this session, Fred Bentley, Managing Director with ATI Advisory, will explore how today’s headwinds and tailwinds will shape the future of home-based care in New England. He will highlight the strategic investments and operational changes that at-home care innovators are adopting to position themselves for success
Jump Start Your Workplace Culture- Eric Stone
Explore the key components of employee engagement with author, Eric Stone, In this talk Eric will break through the noise to give a practical road map for fostering a culture that yields results year in and year out. With a distinctive approach that balances flexibility and accountability, Eric digs deep into his accumulated wisdom and experience to help know when—and how—to redirect their culture or take a new route. Stone covers everything you need to ignite and maintain a workplace that runs smoothly… and never again need a jump start.